Popular Hardware Wallets to Keep your Cryptocurrencies Safe
Cyber-attacks targeting online wallets are increasing rapidly and crypto holders are looking for additional ways to store their crypto assets.
Whether you are content with keeping your cryptocurrencies in a mobile app, desktop software or prefer cold storage, we did some research and identified the best devices in terms of security and user convenience.
1. Ledger Nano S is an extra-secure hardware wallet, no bigger than a USB drive, which makes it easy to slip in your leather wallet or purse and carry along everywhere you go. Priced around $99.99, including tax (at the time of writing), Ledger Nano provides secure storage for your Bitcoin, Ether, Litecoin and other altcoins. Protected by a PIN, the device is easy to set up and use.
Image credits: Ledger
2. Ledger Blue is the next top contender in terms of security and multi-asset storage. Roughly the size of a cell phone, this type of hardware wallet is said to provide “advanced user experience”, thanks to its built-in, large touchscreen interface, which allows you to manually verify transactions and easily manage your funds. Locked by a PIN code, this feature-packed device provides support for 24 currencies, including Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ripple, Ethereum, and altcoins.
Image credits: Ledger
3. TREZOR is a popular hardware wallet enjoying great popularity among crypto holders. Having been given a name, which in Czech means “vault”, the device supports transactions in Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash, ZCash, NEM, the PumaPay token and a multitude of other ERC20 and non-ERC20 digital currencies. Endowed with a built-in monochrome display screen with 2 buttons, which allow you to verify transactions manually, this device satisfies the needs of both beginner and experienced crypto users.
Image credits: Trezor
4. Are you looking for a reliable solution to secure your cryptos and keep your private key safe? KeepKey is then your wallet of choice. Small in size, which makes it easy to carry, this device is ideal for Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, as well as other ERC20 digital assets.
Image credits: KeepKey
Connecting to your PC via a USB cable, KeepKey allows you to enjoy all the features of a hardware wallet: PIN code security, two-factor authentication and, on top of that a smart design and key generator, which is synchronized with the “randomness provided by your computer”.
5. If “minimalist design and maximum security” is what you’re looking for in a hardware wallet, BitBox is an excellent choice. Smaller than a USB drive, this cold crypto wallet has a micro SD card inserted, which allows for easy connection with your computer device. To manage your funds using BitBox, you need to download the desktop app to allow the device to create your first wallet and generate a backup on the micro SD card.
Image credits: BitBox
With an easy setup, requiring you to create and safely store a password which locks the device and two-factor authentication, BitBox is compatible with both desktop and mobile apps. The device allows you to easily and securely handle transactions in Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin and any other ERC20 tokens.
If you found this useful, let us know on Telegram.
*Disclaimer: The information included herein is provided “as is” without warranty nor representation of any kind, whether expressed or implied, as to the suitability of the product and the use of the information. The Company does not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality or reliability of the information contained in this article.